Sponsor a Child in Ecuador
- ChildFund came to Ecuador: 1984
- Population below poverty line: 38%
- News about Ecuador
- A Garden of Opportunity in Ecuador Read More
- Mamitas Making a Difference in Ecuador Read More
- The Day of the Dead Read More
- Youth in the Americas Embrace Finance Education Read More
- Sponsorship: A Friend From Far Away and Yet Very Close Read More
- Visit the ChildFund Ecuador web siteVisit Now
- Around the Globe with ChildFund in 31 Days: EcuadorRead More
- Ecuadorian Youth Gain Skills and InspirationRead More
- From Heart to Hand: How I Became a ChildFund Sponsor Read More
- ChildFund Board Gives Sponsorship a Checkup Read More
Ecuador is located in northwestern South America, bordering the Pacific Ocean to the west, Colombia to the north, and Peru to the south and east. Ecuador has a variety of cultures and ethnics groups with deep economic and social gaps. Ecuador is home to some of the richest biodiversity in the world, including the Galapagos Islands located 600 miles off the coast. At the beginning of 2000, the country adopted the U.S. dollar as its currency.
The Critical Years
We know that the first years of life are critical. Our Early Childhood Development program teaches parents how to properly care for their children and volunteer Guide Mothers serve as models for new parents to follow. They encourage healthy habits such as nutritional food preparation and proper hygiene to prevent disease.
“When asked about the quality of their education, children told us what they needed.”
ChildFund’s Family Formation program promotes the creation of stimulating and consolidating environments with parents, families and people in charge of taking care of infants and children until twelve years old. It also promotes the development of skills and competencies in children according to their ages. The areas emphasized by the program are physical, social, emotional, intellectual and creative.
When asked about the quality of their education, children told us what they needed. We learned that many lacked materials and resources to help them learn, including support at home. By training teachers and engaging parents, we’ve helped improve the educational environment for hundreds of children.
Sponsor a child in Ecuador to help bring about lasting change.
Partnering with Communities
We work with local groups to ensure the sustainability of services beyond our intervention. They establish strategic and operational alliances that strengthen local and national plans for social development and they use community networks to request services from government agencies.