FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Ellie Whinnery, 804-756-8987
On a Tight Budget This Year? Check Out ChildFund's 20 Gifts Under $20
Richmond, Va. – Nov. 24, 2009 – In tough economic times, you can still give affordable holiday gifts that will inspire your friends and family and help change a child’s life. ChildFund International’s Gifts of Love and Hope are unique, and each comes with a guarantee that the gift you select will be used exactly as described in the catalog.
Consider these 20 gift ideas for under $20 to acknowledge the special people in your life this holiday season. Each tax-deductible gift will help children and families in practical and tangible ways. A special card will be sent in your name to the gift recipients on your list.
- Among the most popular gifts under $20 are chickens and ducks that will provide nutrition and generate income for families in poor communities. Ten chicks for a family in Indonesia are only $8. A pair of chickens for a family in Mozambique is $7, and one duck for a child in Indonesia is only $5.
- One section of the catalog enables children to help other children with items starting at $4—from board games to book bags to toys.
- Malaria is still the number one killer of children under the age of five worldwide. Mosquito nets for children in India, Afghanistan, and The Gambia will provide protection for sleeping children and prevent malaria. Nets range from $5 to $14. Mosquito nets will also protect expectant mothers in Zambia for only $7.
- Seeds for family gardens provide needed nourishment and generate additional income. Corn and bean seeds for a family in Mozambique cost only $7.
- School-age children and teens can help deprived, excluded and vulnerable children around the world who need backpacks, books, educational toys and games — even classroom chairs so students won’t have to sit on dirt floors. Backpacks, books, games and toys range from $7 to $14.
- A pair of $14 shoes will protect a child in Sri Lanka from poisonous snakes and other animals. It may be the only pair of shoes that child will own.
- A $14 blanket will make the cold winter more bearable for a child in Mozambique.
Give a gift for under $20 and change a child’s life this holiday season. Click here choose from hundreds of items that will keep on giving for those children and families in need worldwide.
# # #
ChildFund International, formerly named Christian Children’s Fund, is a global child development and protection agency, helping the world's deprived, excluded and vulnerable children survive and thrive in order to reach their full potential. Serving children since 1938, ChildFund International works in 31 countries and helps more than 15.2 million children and family members worldwide, regardless of race, creed or origin. ChildFund International is a member of the ChildFund Alliance. It has earned 4 stars from Charity Navigator.