- To help deprived, excluded and vulnerable children living in poverty have the capacity to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities.
- To promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting, and advancing the worth and the rights of children.
- That all children deserve an environment of hope, respect and understanding.
- That poverty is a personal experience for every child and we are guided in all of our actions by this insight and sensitivity.
- That it takes a global perspective and a collaborative effort to substantially impact the issues of poverty that face children today.
- That we must work together to create an environment of understanding towards all children and that this environment must embrace cultural and religious diversity.
- That all of our actions must be guided by the utmost integrity and transparency.
- That we are accountable for all funds we receive and that we will always be honest with our donors and stakeholders and that we will use their funds in the most efficient and productive manner.
They guide us in our decision-making and bind us together throughout the world, across great distances and many languages.
- Promoting positive outcomes for children
- Demonstrating integrity, openness and honesty, including stewardship of all resources
- Upholding the respect and value of the individual
- Championing diversity of thought and experience
- Fostering innovation and challenge and;
- Proactively connecting and collaborating
ChildFund pledges to deal fairly, equitably, openly and honestly…
- by giving the highest priority in all decisions to the well-being of each individual child in a constructive family and community context;
- by fostering his or her growth as a contributing member of society;
- by promoting his or her self-respect and human rights, and
- by internationally promoting social and economic development consistent with these goals.
- by ensuring that they fully understand their parental rights and obligation to assume responsibility for their role in ChildFund activities so that they and their children can realize their full potential as the primary force in determining their own destiny.
With our donors:
- by standing fully behind the accuracy of information sent to donors from the field about the needs of each individual child and his or her family, and
- by responding to the sponsor’s inquiries promptly, honestly, and as fully as possible, in keeping with the highest standards of respect for the rights and sensitivity of all parties concerned.
With our employees:
- by clearly explaining their duties and the organization’s responsibilities and obligations to the child and the sponsor;
- by dealing with each employee on the merits of individual performance as it relates to the overall conduct of the organization’s business, and
- by establishing a cooperative, safe and satisfying work environment.
- by complying with applicable legislation and regulations;
- by cooperatively advocating for the Rights of Children and
- by assisting in the implementation of the Convention on the Rights of the Child (adopted by the General Assembly of the United Nations on November 20, 1989).